I respect your privacy. I will never willfully disclose information about my readers and web site users to any third party, except in the limited circumstances permitted by this policy.
I do not sell, rent, or loan any personally identifiable information regarding my readers and web site users to any third party. Any information you give me is held with the utmost care and security, and will not be used in ways to which you have not consented.
1. Information Collected On This Site
A. Information You Provide
- The Site may ask you to provide information that could reasonably be used to contact you or to identify you personally (such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, or home address (“Personal Information”)). For example, the Site may collect Personal Information when you register on the Site, request information, submit comments or participate in some promotion, survey or other feature of the Site, or otherwise communicate or interact with us. If you do not want your Personal Information collected, please do not submit it.
B. Information Collected Automatically
- Whenever you visit or interact with the Site, it may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Site is accessed and used (“Usage Information”). Usage Information may include, in part, browser type, operating system, the page served, the time, and the preceding page views. This statistical data provides us with information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they “click” on. This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests. Usage Information is generally non-identifying, but if the Site associates it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we treat it as Personal Information.
- The site also automatically collects your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, “Device”) you use to access the Site.
- The technologies used on the Site to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, may include, without limitation:
Cookies: Cookies are data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Site. The Site may place cookies or similar files on your Device for security purposes, to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience while visiting our Site. Cookies allow us to collect technical and navigational information, such as browser type, time spent on our Site and pages visited. If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Site may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you (or your Device) with your account(s).
2. How the Information Collected Is Used
- I use the information collected about and from you for a variety of business purposes, including for example, to: respond to your questions and requests; provide you with access to certain areas and features of the Site; verify your identity; communicate with you about your account and activities on the Site and, in our discretion, tailor content, advertisements, and offers; improve the Site and for internal business purposes; process applications and transactions; and for purposes disclosed at the time you provide your Personal Information or otherwise with your consent.
3. How Long the Site Retains Your Data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely.
- For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
4. Sharing of Information
A. Third Parties Providing Services On Our Behalf
- In order to carry out your requests, to make various features, services and materials available to you through the Site, and to respond to your inquiries, we may share your Usage Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies or individuals that: host or operate our Site; analyze data; provide customer service; or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions or provide marketing or promotional assistance (such as in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment, and as required by law, such as on a winners list).
B. Legal Disclosure
- I may transfer and disclose information, including your Personal Information, Usage Information and Device Identifier (including IP address), to third parties to comply with a legal obligation; when I believe in good faith that the law requires it; at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation (with a court order); to respond to an emergency; or otherwise to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to our Site or the public.
5. Your Choice and Access
A. Opting Out
- You may always direct me not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, e-mails or other communications by: (i) sending me an e-mail at email@example.com with the word “Remove” as the subject header; or (ii) following the removal instructions in the communication that you receive. Your opt-out request will be processed within 7 days of the date on which I receive it.
- If you wish to verify, correct, or update any of your personal information collected through the Site, you may edit your profile preferences or contact me at the above address or e-mail. In accordance with routine record keeping, I may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Site. I am under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
6. Security of Your Information
- I use industry standard security measures to help protect your Personal Information. However, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please note that you use the Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
7. Other Sites
- The Site may contain links to other sites that I do not own or operate. I do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these sites or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. These other websites may send their own cookies to your Device, they may independently collect data or solicit Personal Information and may or may not have their own published privacy policies. Content from other websites may behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
8. Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information
- The Site is operated on a worldwide basis. By using the Site, or providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen (presumably the US).
10. Contact Us